So you want a California but you don’t know where to start?
Well as a relatively modern vehicle there is very little that can go wrong. That said however, they cost serious money and you want it to all work fine! The engines are bullet proof, so as long as they are looked after you have very little to worry about.
That said however, it is still important to check that everything is working correctly, the California contains so many features that sometimes you will not know where to start!
Check that everything works and that everything fits. California drivers tend to be a careful bunch, but can we say the same about their kids? Thing is, when living in a small space, there is always the possibility of stuff breaking, and with that in mind we urge you to pay attention to the following:
- Cupboard doors shutting properly
- Electric lights working
- Sliding drawer
- Table stowed in door panel
- Chairs stored in tailgate
- Sink taps and water pump
- Gas connections
- Elevating roof controls
- Check for scuffs, scratches and dents.
- Look for signs of the alloy wheels hitting the kerb
- Check that the elevating roof is working, without signs of warping or misalignment!
- Check for service history and see what work has been carried out
- Always ask for receipts
- The T5 California does not use a cambelt, so no need to worry if the mileage is high