VW T4 California Freestyle
VW T4 California Freestyle
Please click here for full details.
Cumbria, Workington, North West England
2003 52 reg
2.5tdi ACV 102.
5 speed manual
MOT to Aug19
If you are looking at this advert you most likely know these vans are highly regarded and could be considered the ultimate factory converted VW T4. A fantastic 4 berth camper van to enjoy a holiday in one week and then drive to work the following week. As a family we have enjoyed many weekends away as well as day trips off.
Some of the vans features are,
Pop up roof.
Double glazed windows in the rear.
Erberspacher night heater and engine heater.
Fridge with freeze function and basket.
Double burner hob.
On board fresh and grey waste water tanks.
Sink and electric tap.
Safety net for pop top bed to stop children rolling out.
Factory 3 bike rack.
12v interior electrics via a split charge system controlled from a central digital panel.
Masses of storage space, wardrobe, overhead locker, under rear seat storage etc.
The rear seat folds down into a bed but also slides up and down the van to be able to carry passengers or larger loads in various positions. The seat bed can also be fully removed to transport a large item if needs be.
The factory conversion is based on a very well spec van which has
Leather wheel and gear knob
Lit sun visors
Lockable drivers door storage locker, etc etc.
I have owned this van for 12 months, prior to this my parents owned it for 6 years. It was my ultimate T4 and I had no plans to ever sell until a friend messaged me last week giving me 1st refusal on his van, one I have wanted for some time.
The decision to sell has not been taken lightly, as you will see by reading the list of maintenance/upgrades below i had no intention of selling this van, if i had i would not have invested the amount of time and money over the last 12 months to get it how i want it to then sell on but the decision is made and a deposit paid on my friends van so it has to go.
Recent work includes
• New gel Exide factory replacement lesiure battery £300 parts alone
• Timing belts, waterpump and aux belt genuine vw £750 parts and labour
• Full service oil filter, oil change, air filter, fuel filter, fuel filter valve, pollen filter etc all genuine vw £250 parts alone
• In tank fuel sender genuine vw £150 parts alone
• Rear disc brakes and pads £130 parts alone
• Air conditioning re gas and freshen £70
• Full PPT tuning 2.5" stainless steel exhaust system £425
• All new Bilstein/Eibach B12 suspension enhancement to factory load rated specs £550 parts alone
• Genuine ABT Tuning 8.5x18 et51 alloy wheels freshly powder coated gloss black with satin black centre caps, locking wheel bolts and rear 10mm spacers £700
• 4 wheel alignment setup £70
• X4 Brand new Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres with correct load rating £465
• Spare wheel powder coated gloss black and new tyre fitted £150
• Mudflaps fitted front and rear genuine vw £125 parts alone
• Cruise control fitted genuine vw £150
• Westfalia tow bar and electrics £300
• Tinted windows £500
• Fiamma F45s satin black with satin black powder coated brackets £600
• Reimo awning rail satin black £250
• Smoked/red rear tail lights DEPO £80
• Clear front indicators DEPO £50
• German metal pressed number plates £40
• Interior 240v 2 pin euro socket converted to UK 3 pin using genuine CBE parts £20
• Interior 12v euro socket converted to UK cigarette socket using genuine vw parts £20
• Speedo converted to mph
• Rhd headlights
• Interior lighting upgraded to LED (inc rear Westfalia lighting ) £150
I am listing the van as a package ready to go out and enjoy the season ahead. If the asking price is met or as close to as possible i will also include the extras listed below
• Silver Screens Paragon front window external covers rrp £150
• Pop up roof silver insulation screens, rrp £110
• Just Kampers T4 luxury breathable van cover rrp £130
• Interior bed memory foam mattress topper for lower bed rrp £120
• Dwt Zelte Pocco awning rrp £350
I'm sure i have missed things but feel free to message me to ask any questions.
The van is old and does have a few marks here and there but as you can see in the photos nothing major that detracts from the overall appearance.
I helped my parents search long and hard to find this van, viewing many sub standard examples. People comment on the van wherever i go.
The good low mileage freestyles are going up in value, check the prices on mobile.de etc. and they are minus the 6k+ of extras this van has.
I have an agreed value of 23k from the insurance company but this was in standard form before all of the above work was carried out.
This van is an investment and if maintained will only increase in value.